Follow-Up: We’re Not Done!
We arrived back in the States about a month ago, but we haven’t stopped working on our project. Here’s a brief sketch of what we’ve been up to:
- Uploaded a ton! of pictures to our photo site
- Attended an event at Congress called “Using Laptops to Fight Insurgencies”, where OLPC founder Nicholas Negroponte spoke, as well as OLPC supporter Senator John McCain.
- This past weekend, three of us went to Boston to the OLPCorps & Interns Summit to discuss and follow-up on the deployments as a whole.
What we’ve got planned:
- Writing up a larger, best-practices and evaluative document on what we did in Madagascar – what worked and what didn’t.
- Continue fundraising to support Lova Soa, as well as Madagascar School Project’s expansion school in a nearby town. (it’s being built as we speak!)
- Investigate the possibilities of getting more laptops for MSP to support increased enrollment.
- Continuing to advocate for OLPC in Madagascar.
Thoughts? Questions? What would you like to see from us?
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .